- The victims were slain at both the Route 91 Harvest festival and the Mandalay Bay hotel just over the road
- Witnesses reported automatic gunfire coming from the hotel onto the festival and police cars below
- Police said one shooter was ‘down’; at around 12:38am they said they believed there were no more shooters
- People listening to police scanners said that shooter was killed in a room on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay
- The Strip is closed down and flights from the city’s McCarran International Airport have been suspended
- Unconfirmed reports have also been made of shots fired at the Bellagio hotel and other sites in Las Vegas
At least two people have been killed and 24 injured after at least one gunman unloaded hundreds of rounds of ammo on a Las Vegas country music festival on Sunday night. There were 30,000 people in attendance at the event.
The Strip has been completely shut down after the sniper opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest country music festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort and casino, located across a junction from the event.
Police confirmed that one suspect had been killed, and said at 12:38am that they believed there were no more shooters. It’s not clear how many shooters there had been.
Those listening to police scanners reported that the shooter was killed after cops breached a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay.
SWAT teams were seen heading towards the resort in armored vehicles earlier.
But unconfirmed reports of gunfire at other locations has some concerned about the possibility of multiple shooters, and police have been spotted en route to the Bellagio hotel, according to CNN.
People flee at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival as a gunman opens fire from the Mandelay Bay Resort across the road. Police said they thought there were no more shooters as of 3:36am; it’s not clear how many had been active